The Senior Manager of Safety Compliance and Claims will ensure effective leadership in Compliance and Claims management. This is primarily an office-based role, overseeing the team that administers our Safety, Quality and Risk programs. It will involve some travel to satellite office/yard locations within Ontario. They will act as the outlet for guidance and advice to ensure continuous improvement and compliance within the organization. They will work alongside the Senior Manager of Quality and The Senior Manager of Field Safety within EHSQ & Risk Team, and report directly to the Director of EHSQ & Risk.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working closely with the EHSQ & Risk Team and Operations to ensure initiatives are properly aligned and executed throughout the organization to meet or exceed corporate performance goals.
- Overseeing the execution of the safety training program which includes the establishment of annual training objectives, annual training process, maintenance of training matrix and training records, training performance metrics, working with clients to determine training requirements, developing cost control strategies in the delivery of training, development of training programs.
- Develop and train staff to increase awareness and communication of policies.
- Providing support to limit risks and reduce incidents.
- Liaising with senior colleagues to implement change.
- Oversee internal claim management efforts (workers compensation, general liability, automobile liability)
- Review and analyze trending reports, and coordinate with EHSQ Team to develop appropriate action plans.
- Oversee the development of EHSQ performance metrics and company communication on overall safety and risk performance.
- Prepare claims analysis and report using industry standards and procedures.
- Facilitate meetings with client management to discuss and brief claims status.
- Supervise direct reports to ensure appropriate development and performance.
- Monitor legislation and corporate procedures/policies to ensure compliance within the organization.
- Develop communication strategies to be delivered effectively to the work Monitor effectiveness of communications and initiatives.
- Administering the ESHQ Communication strategy including toolbox talk topic development, program updates, scheduling regular updates with operations’ management to ensure alignment on upcoming initiatives, programs, training.
- Oversee the management and development of 4 direct reports to ensure each individual has established annual objectives, regular performance reviews and an active development
- Monitor metrics (including incident rates) and provide feedback.
- 5+ years’ experience in a EHS/Claims management or related role in the construction CHRL/CHRP, CRSP or NCSO certiﬁcation is desired. Commensurate experience in an EHSQ/Claims management role within the Industrial/construction sector will also be preferred.
- Familiar with working within an ISO45001/ISO9001:2015 or COR compliant organization.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of WSIB claims management, General Liability, Personal Liability and Auto.
- Proven experience of creating and implementing new policies, programs, training, and cultural changes within an organization.
- Demonstrate and promote ethical behavior through the organization and adherence to policies, procedures, and professional standards of conduct.
- Define standards for services/work processes and manage activities and people in a manner that effectively achieves those standards.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; the ability to convey concepts and information in business writing; and the ability to plan and deliver communications/presentations that impact and/or persuade.
- General understanding of Union Collective agreements, Unionized work force and working with these stakeholders.
- Relationship builder — able to build and foster collaborative relationships by developing, maintaining, and strengthening partnerships inside and outside the organization.
- The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action and be prepared for possible contingencies.
- The ability to supervise others and take responsibility for one’s own performance and/or employees’ performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance challenges promptly as well as working within an EHSQ & Risk management team to align and collaborate on goals.
If your qualifications and background are commensurate with the position, we will reach out for a preliminary phone interview to further explore your interest and fit. If your candidacy is retained following this initial interview, you will be invited to meet with the management team.